In as much as maintenance is ever complete…
Our maintenance phase is complete! We have:
- Changed the brake pads, brake shoes, and bled the brakes
- Changed engine oil and filter
- Flushed the radiator and replaced the coolant
- Replaced the transmission oil radiator
- Replaced spark plugs and plug wires
- Replaced the air filter
- Put in a new belt fit for no AC compressor
- Replaced the tensioner pulley assembly
After pulling the entire dashboard, steering column, and the interior side of the wiring harness, we had many concerns about being able to start the truck again. We scheduled an all hands and gave it our best shot and after an hour of referencing wiring schematics, plugging stuff in, and taking some guesses, we started the truck. It runs nicely!
Now to complete the upgrade phase. Next steps are redoing the new cockpit. Steering, shifter, and seats.